Whatever your musical tastes, Trinity College London has the music qualifications for you.
Every year Trinity College London supports the music education of thousands of students with assessments across a wide spectrum including popular, jazz, contemporary and classical music.
Trinity College London graded examinations and diplomas span performing, teaching, theory of music and composing, all of which are fully accredited by the relevant UK regulatory bodies.
The candidate is at the heart of our focus. That’s why we offer insightful assessments for everyone, from beginners right up to diplomas for the most advanced candidates.
All Trinity College London examiners are professional musicians, and they take special care to make candidates feel relaxed in the examination room, creating a positive environment for you to demonstrate your talents to your full potential.
When you take our Rock & Pop exams, you’ll improve your musical skills and your achievements will be recognised. You’ll also play some great music.
The exams include many distinctive new features:
- Learn through performance: The exams reflect the way rock and pop performers learn – through playing the music. You’ll perform three songs, usually to a backing track, and learn the important skills you’ll need as a musician.
- Play great music: In your exam you’ll be playing and singing great classic and recent tracks – our song lists feature a wide range of artists from the Rolling Stones, David Bowie and Joni Mitchell through to Radiohead, Kings of Leon and Jessie J.
- Improve your technique: We’ve carefully chosen songs that are appropriate for each exam – songs that will improve the technical aspects of your playing, building your skills as you progress through the grades.
- Make your exam your own: You can tailor your exam so that it showcases your musical personality – you can choose to perform a cover version of a favourite song, you can accompany yourself, you can play to your own backing track or, if you’re a songwriter, you can perform one of your own songs.
- Boost your confidence: The exams give you invaluable experience of planning and playing a set – a perfect preparation for auditions and performances in the future.
- Songbooks, downloads and videos: We’ve provided a wealth of resources to support you – songbooks, downloads of individual songs, and videos of professional musicians explaining the technical elements of the music. The songbook for each exam includes:- sheet music for six songs
– backing and demo tracks on CD
– background information on the songs
– performance hints and tips
– an explanation of the technical elements
– support for Session skills.
Study the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music in Spain
ABRSM is the world’s leading authority on musical assessment, actively supporting and encouraging music learning for all.
The ABRSM is a British educational institution with several strings to its bow and a worldwide arena to play in. Apart from providing practical and theory exams in more than 90 countries including Spain, it is also a publishing company and a training provider.
Each year more than 600,000 candidates take ABRSM music exams. ABRSM publishes sheet music, books, exam papers and syllabuses, and runs training workshops for music teachers worldwide.
Rockschool Music Qualifications are tailor-made for the popular musician. Ranging from absolute beginner all the way to university-level degrees, our qualifications will ensure you earn a valuable qualification no matter your age range or musical ability.
“I have taught drums for over 40 years and since using the Rockschool Grade system some 6 years ago, I wouldn’t teach from any other grade resource. The students like them. I like them. They are a totally self-contained, a one stop shop to learn, get qualified, and get seriously good.”
Gerry Hunt (Drum Teacher)